We are happy to accept baggage of unusual shapes and sizes aboard the aircraft, provided the dimensions of the baggage hold of the aircraft in question allow this.
When booking your flight online, please submit a request for the carriage of sports equipment or special baggage. We will process and confirm your request as quickly as possible or ask you for additional information. In the request you also need to state the dimensions (width, height, length) and weight of your special baggage. If you book your flight via a sales agent, the procedure is the same.
If your request is approved and confirmed for carriage, please ensure that your baggage is suitably packaged or protected against damage.
Small, medium or large?
For the sake of easier classification, we have divided sports equipment into three categories in terms of weight and size:
- Small sports equipment is included in your free baggage allowance (FBA) and we will only charge you for it if it falls outside the agreed rules.
- Medium and large sports equipment will be charged as excess baggage according to a special tariff.
Check the general conditions regarding the quantity and weight of baggage.
” If you are travelling with valuable sports equipment, we advise you to take out additional insurance.
Charges for sports equipment
The free baggage allowance and excess baggage charges apply to passengers travelling on an Adria
ticket on a direct or connecting flight.
The amounts stated always apply to one-way travel only (if you are also carrying sports equipment on
your return flight, the excess baggage charge also applies to this part of the journey).
|Special sports equipment and other equipment (maximum weights/length)||Price per item – Europe||Price per item – all other destinations|
|* One pair of ski/snowboard, one pair of poles, one pair of boots (may be in separate bags), one helmet.
** One pair of skis/snowboard may always be carried free of charge on Adria flights.
|Small: golf equipment, skis*, snowboard**, water skis, fishing tackle, other equipment
(up to 15 kg and/or 1.4 m in length; skis are an exception: up to 23 kg and up to 2 m in length)
|Medium: bicycles, tandems, diving equipment, pole vaulting pole, windsurfing board, kitesurfing kite,
other equipment (16–32 kg and/or 1.41–2.00 m in length)
|Large: windsurfing board with sail, hang-glider, kayak, canoe (33–45 kg and/or 2.01–2.50 m in length)||€150||€300|
Conditions when travelling with more than one airline
If you are travelling with Adria and another carrier on the same ticket ('interline travel'), the following conditions apply:
- If the published provisions regarding the carriage of baggage are the same for both carriers, these provisions shall apply.
- If the published provisions are not identical, common provisions shall apply but, where provisions are different, the rules of the Most Significant Carrier (MSC) shall apply.
- In the case of codeshare flights, the MSC is in most cases the operating carrier.
- If the MSC does not publish provisions for a specific type of carriage, the provisions of the operating carrier (i.e. the carrier that accepts the baggage at check-in) shall apply.
- If the operating carrier does not publish provisions for a specific type of carriage, the rules of the operating carriers shall apply to each flight segment separately.
” Always ensure that your baggage is protected against damage and marked with your contact details.