Ljubljana Brnik Airport
Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport is the biggest airport in Slovenia. Slovenia's main airport is also Adria Airways' home airport.
Ljubljana Airport has good connections to nearby cities and can be reached in a variety of ways. The airport offers a wide range of services for travellers and other visitors.
” Check-in for Adria flights at Ljubljana Airport generally closes 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
How to reach Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport?
Most passengers and visitors to the Ljubljana's airport reach the airport by car. The following car parking facilities are available:
- Multi-storey car park – more than 1,300 parking spaces right in front of the terminal building;
- Outdoor car park P1 – over 900 parking spaces – located to the left of the main Kranj–Mengeš road in the Spodnji Brnik direction (car park closed in winter);
- Outdoor car park P2 – over 1,000 parking spaces – located by the entrance to the airport on the right-hand side.
For more details, a map of the cark parks and a list of prices, see the Ljubljana Airport website.
By public transport
The Brnik has good bus connections to the nearby cities of Ljubljana and Kranj. There are scheduled bus services to and from the main railway station in Ljubljana and shuttle/minibus services to and from Bled, Bohinj and Kranjska Gora.
Alternatively, you can hire a car at the airport or use a taxi from the rank outside the terminal building.
For details of bus timetables, see the Ljubljana Airport website.
By hire car or taxi
You can hire a car from one of the car hire agencies at Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport or use a taxi from the rank outside the terminal building.
” The airport is served by good bus connections.
What facilities does Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport offer?
- Information and meeting points are located in the terminal building near the check-in desks.
- There is also a bank and a post office at the airport.
- The airport Brnik has two conference rooms – a larger one in the new administrative building and a smaller one on the mezzanine level of the passenger terminal.
- The Business lounge is reserved for Business class passengers and offers a higher standard of service.
- Souvenirs, newspapers and snacks are available from two shops, Ljubljanček and Medved, located in the departures area of the passenger terminal.
- A Duty Free shop is located in the international Schengen and non-Schengen sections of the departures area.
- There are several bars and cafés in the airport.
” The panoramic Visitors' Terrace Avionček is the best place to watch planes landing and taking off.
- Two restaurants, both located in the departures area of the passenger terminal, offer a range of fine food. The self-service Market Place restaurant and the à la carte Globetrotter restaurant.
- Numerous providers of tourism services operate in or near the airport. There is a tourist information centre in the arrivals waiting area.
- A medical service is available to all passengers and airport visitors requiring urgent medical assistance.
- A baby changing table is located in the women's washrooms and there are baby changing facilities in the terminal building that can be used by either parent.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in the main passenger terminal and the General Aviation Centre.
- To pass the time while waiting for a flight, children can play in the children's corners in the Schengen and non-Schengen sections of the passenger terminal.
Get to know Ljubljana's airport with an interactive app.
” Information and meeting points are located in the terminal building near the check-in desks.