Bled Castle – A magnificent view of Bled
35 km from Ljubljana Airport
Perched on a 130-metre-high cliff above a glacial lake, like a perfect picture postcard, Bled Castle is a quintessential element of the stunning view of Bled that is famous all over the world. Travellers from home and abroad have written about the beauties of this pearl of the Alps, and this cosmopolitan resort is still one of Slovenia's most iconic sights today. The castle, which commands everything the eye can see from its highest point, undoubtedly offers the most beautiful view of the lake, with its island. One of Slovenia's greatest cultural and tourist attractions, Bled Castle is also an ideal location for a fairy-tale wedding, chosen by countless couples from all over the world as the setting for their dream wedding day.
The castle buildings are adorned by coats of arms and the picturesque architecture of the castle itself is complemented by a museum in which visitors can view an exhibition charting the development of Bled over the course of history. No less interesting are the castle printing press, where you can learn about traditional hand-printing techniques, and the castle wine cellar, where you can seal your own bottle of wine with wax.
- Predjama Castle – Carved into a cliff
- Ljubljana Castle – On a pedestal above the city
- Otočec Castle – A fairy-tale castle built on the water
- Celje Old Castle – Central European prestige
- Ptuj Castle – A cultural monument with a rich history
- Snežnik Castle – A white castle at the foot of a mountain
- Štatenberg Castle – A beautiful country house
More about Slovenia in the summer: Summer holidays in Slovenia